As the COVID-19 pandemic is being controlled effectively, Ho Chi Minh City’s tourism industry would like to send visitors an invitation: “Welcome to Ho Chi Minh City”.
Our efforts in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the recent economic recovery have contributed to the promotion of a youthful, energetic, friendly, and affectionate city. We hope all the citizens will spread that youthful, open, creative, exciting vibe and head for the future, extending out regionally and globally.
On March 15, 2022, the country’s tourism industry, also Ho Chi Minh City, hit a high peak when the Government allows tourism to completely reopen. With the purpose to promote Ho Chi Minh City as a safe – attractive – friendly destination, the Department of Tourism advised the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee to issue Plan 913/KH-UBND, dated March 25, 2022, to launch the “Welcome to Ho Chi Minh City” Campaign and requested the attention and response of diplomatic agencies, units, departments, branches, districts, organizations, enterprises, and the City’s residents.
- At 8:00 A.M, April 8, 2022, Ho Chi Minh City will welcome a group of 130 tourists from USA at the Museum of Vietnamese History in Ho Chi Minh City (Nguyen Binh Khiem Street, District 1). The visitors have chosen Ho Chi Minh City as their longest stopover to experience, and enjoy the City's high-quality cuisine and services. The large international tourist group that came to Ho Chi Minh City at the right time of the Launching Ceremony of the Program "Welcome to Ho Chi Minh City" received presents and promotions on accommodation, cuisine, and shopping...from tourism businesses, showing the friendliness and hospitality of the City.
- The Launching Ceremony of the Campaign "Welcome to Ho Chi Minh City" will take place on April 8, 2022, from 2 P.M to 4.30 P.M at Le Meridien Saigon Hotel (3C, Ton Duc Thang Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1).
The launching ceremony was attended and directed by Leaders of the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism, together with Mr. Duong Anh Duc, Vice Chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City People's Committee; nearly 200 delegates were present, including representatives from diplomatic agencies, units, departments, branches, Thu Duc City, 21 districts, organizations, tourism service businesses; and thousands of delegates join the online ceremony via the link: https://zoom.us/j/93653876963.
More than 30 representative agencies of Vietnam overseas participated to meet and exchange information on tourism promotion, as well as promoting Vietnam and Ho Chi Minh City; and more than 10 Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassadors of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam to the Saudi Arabia, Australia, Bulgaria, South Africa, Israel, Slovenia, Slovakia, Kuwait..., along with speeches from the European Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (Eurocham), leading airlines, tourism enterprises, and hotel groups of the City.
At the Launching Ceremony, a Key Visual set including video clips, photo sets, speechs, posters, and postcards will be presented… “Welcome to Ho Chi Minh City” and the signing the joint plan on the implementation of the Ho Chi Minh City MICE Tourism Program in the period of 2022 - 2025.
- A series of events will be held during the “Welcome to Ho Chi Minh City” Campaign:
(1) The 8th Ho Chi Minh City Ao Dai Festival 2022;
(2) The 18th Ho Chi Minh City Tourism Festival 2022;
(3) International Travel Expo Ho Chi Minh City 2022 (ITE HCMC 2022);
(4) Ho Chi Minh City Cuisines Festival;
(5) The 6th Techcombank Ho Chi Minh City International Marathon 2022;
(6) Meetings with Michelin-starred international chefs;
(7) Hot Air Balloon Festival.
And many other exciting events, co-organized by the Department of Tourism to promote Ho Chi Minh Citysuch as:the Vietnamese Tet Festival, Unicorn-Lion-Dragon Dance Festival, Southern Fruit Festival, Orchid Festival, The quintessence of Vietnamese Rice; The quintessence of Vietnamese Agricultural products; Saigon Bread Festival...
The Campaign content will be updated regularly on 03 channels:
1. Website : www.visithcmc.vn;
2. Facebook: Fanpage www.facebook.com/hellohochiminhcity;
3. Facebook: Fanpage www.facebook.com/visitvibranthochiminhcity;
Ho Chi Minh City Tourism application and general information channel of tourism cooperation, development and recovery programs between Ho Chi Minh City and provinces and cities across the country;
More than 100 tourism businesses responded to the "Welcome to Ho Chi Minh City" Campaign enthusiastically, offering hundreds of incentive packages for visitors. This is a positive indicator for the Ho Chi Minh City tourism industry to recover and thrive post-COVID-19 pandemic;
(1) Travel service has 08 outstanding tour programs with promotional prices in response to the Campaign "Welcome to Ho Chi Minh City", with prices ranging from 699,000 VND (tour Cu Chi - Green Farm – Cu Chi Tunnels) to 7,750,000 VND (Combo experience as an A320 aircraft pilot) - A new tour for tourists who are into exploring new interesting things,…; TST Tourist Company has 08 programs with promotional prices ranging from 1,080,000 VND.
(2) Attractions join a campaign with exceptional incentives, such as Ao Dai Museum from April to September 2022, ticket price reduction from 50,000 VND to 30,000 VND for overseas visitors wearing Ao Dai, and souvenirs for delegations introduced by agencies and units coming to study and exchange cultures; From April 14 to May 1, 2022, Saigon Skydeck Bitexco offers a 20% discount on adult and kid tickets at 160,000 VND and 104,000 VND…
(3) Many hotels provide discounts ranging from 20% to 73% for accommodations, including Muong Thanh Luxury Hotel (73% off), Ramana Hotel (50% off), and Continental Hotel (40% off). Accor Group in Ho Chi Minh City is in charge of a system of 06 hotels: Sofitel Saigon, Pullman Saigon, Hôtel Des Arts Saigon - MGallery, Novotel Saigon, Ibis Saigon Airport, and Ibis Saigon South. From January 18 through January 30, 2023, all Accor Group hotels will offer a 20% discount on accommodation rates.
(4) Restaurant and shopping services: there are also many incentive programs, with discounts ranging from 149,000 VND to 179,000 VND/person; Vietnamhouse restaurant gives away 01 high-class wine for guests who try the happiness set; Ngan Dinh Saigon restaurant has a big discount program, from 2,280,000 VND/4 people to 1,180,000 VND/4 people, expires on April 29, 2022. Restaurants such as Amigo and Brodard Dong Khoi offer 20% off. In addition, the restaurant chain Trang Bang Hoang Ty, Shanghai chicken rice offers a 10% discount for groups of 10 or more people dining at the restaurant. Hao Hue Quan Restaurant offers a special discount program with very low pricing per day.
Within the framework of the 18th Ho Chi Minh City Tourism Festival, from April 21 to 24, 2022, many tourism businesses are still applying to participate in response to promote tourism stimulus initiatives to attract travelers to Ho Chi Minh City. As a result, the number of firms is expected to keep growing in the future.
According to Mr. Duong Anh Duc, Vice Chairman of the City People's Committee at the Launching Ceremony: “The City Leaders highly appreciate the proactive preparation of the Department of Tourism in advising the City People's Committee on the plan to reopen tourism under new normal and the initiative to implement the "Welcome to Ho Chi Minh City" Campaign, right after the Government and the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism announced the launching program. The tourism industry’s early proactive preparation, the extreme intervention of the City's departments and branches, and the support of diplomatic agencies and press agencies have yielded concrete results that the Ho Chi Minh City welcomed a large group of international visitors of 130 tourists from USA. This is a sign that the international tourism market has begun to have positive movements again, indicating that Vietnam and Ho Chi Minh City have become desirable destinations to international tourists and an indication that the City's unremitting efforts over the last few years have begun to bear fruit.”
The City Leaders request the Department of Tourism to take the lead and collaborate with other departments, branches, Thu Duc City, and the 21 districts to actively implement the duties allocated in the Committee's plans to reopen tourism and attract tourists to the City in a concrete and creative manner.
The city also requested that airlines, Tan Son Nhat Airport, Saigon Port, Saigon Railway Station, and other related units coordinate and support promotional initiatives for the tourism industry in order to bring exciting experiences for tourists.
Also, media organizations need to focus on assisting the tourism industry and businesses in promoting the city's tourism products and brands in order to help the tourism industry recover as quickly as possible.
To contribute to the speedy recovery of the tourism industry's flagship economic sector, tourism enterprises must continue to promote initiative, energy, creativity, and resilience in reconstructing and reorganizing activities by offering visitors a variety of unique and appealing programs."
The tourism industry will strive to reinvest in facilities and tourism infrastructure, improve service quality, human resources, innovate, and advance travel programs... in order to provide tourists with the best, most up-to-date, and appropriate experiences. To achieve that goal, communication and promotion are essential, especially compared to the region's and the world's competitiveness on promoting image and tourism.
As a conclusion, in order to recover tourism activities, while aiming to transform Ho Chi Minh City into the leading destination for urban tourism in Asia, where visitors will be able to experience a variety of values of cultural heritage, lifestyle in a safe, and smart city, bringing excitement and emotion on every journey, attracting visitors from all over the country and international tourists come to explore, the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Tourism is looking forward to your active response so that the campaign will bring about the most positive, long-term, stable and sustainable effect.
Ms.Le Hong Hanh, HCMC Department of Tourism
*The content of the campaign will be updated at the following Google Drive link:
*Information about Ho Chi Minh City Tourism: